Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Childhood Memories in My Papas Waltz by Theodore Roethke and Piano by

Childhood Memories in My Papas Waltz by Theodore Roethke and forte-piano by D.H. LawrenceMy Papas Waltz by Theodore Roethke and Piano by D.H. Lawrence are two poems in which grown men recall memories of their childhood. My Papas Waltz has a quietly sad, almost resigned tone as Roethke relives his nightly dances with his father as a young boy. Lawrences Piano is somewhat dreamy as a man is taken back by a song to his childhood. While both are presented to us done similar personas, striking differences are apparent throughout the two poems.My Papas Waltz is the pensive recollection of a boys nightly waltz around the house in the arms of his father. Roethkes poem gives a voice to the often silent internal conflict that the children of addicts struggle with. The sad resignation of the young boy is solidified former(a) on in the poem. In the first stanza Roethke sets a tone of both pain and loyalty with the line, But I hung on like death such waltzing was not easy (479). My Papas Wal tz provides readers with the opportunity to see life through the eyes of...

No comments:

Post a Comment